Analysis of four years of experience in a STEM lecturer-training program based on competencies
Document typeConference report
PublisherInstitute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Rights accessOpen Access
This work in progress research-to-practice paper presents the analysis of the experience in the first four years of the lecturer training program developed at UPC-BarcelonaTech. The program, called Postgraduate Degree in University Teaching in STEM, started in September 2015. The program was designed based on the competencies a lecturer should possess with a special emphasis on developing a project to help lecturers to change the way they work on the teaching-learning process with their students. After four years of experience with the program, it is necessary to perform a critical analysis of the results, to find out what worked and what needs to be changed. This paper presents this analysis and the lessons learned in the process, as well as the changes required to increase the quality of the program as well as its attractiveness to lecturers.
CitationLópez, D. [et al.]. Analysis of four years of experience in a STEM lecturer-training program based on competencies. A: Frontiers in Education Conference. "IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, FIE 2020: Uppsala, Sweden, October 21-24, 2020". Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 2020, p. 1-5. ISBN 978-1-7281-8961-1. DOI 10.1109/FIE44824.2020.9274054.
- Departament de Ciències de la Computació - Ponències/Comunicacions de congressos [1.121]
- Departament d'Organització d'Empreses - Ponències/Comunicacions de congressos 
- BCN SEER - Barcelona Science and Engineering Education Research Group - Ponències/Comunicacions de congressos 
- GRDU - Grup de recerca en Direcció Universitària - Ponències/Comunicacions de congressos 
- Departament d'Arquitectura de Computadors - Ponències/Comunicacions de congressos [1.641]
- Departament d'Enginyeria de Serveis i Sistemes d'Informació - Ponències/Comunicacions de congressos 
All rights reserved. This work is protected by the corresponding intellectual and industrial property rights. Without prejudice to any existing legal exemptions, reproduction, distribution, public communication or transformation of this work are prohibited without permission of the copyright holder