Preventive intervention in a group of building located in the histotic centre of Manresa (Barcelona)
Rights accessOpen Access
The preservation of old downtowns has become a necessity of growing interest. New urban policies have been approved in different countries in order to revive the old city centers and make them economically sustainable. In this global trend, the municipality of Manresa (Barcelona) developed an important urban planning operation in the old district that included the demolition of a group of existing buildings and the construction of a new modern one in close proximity to a group of old residential buildings which are cultural heritage of the city. As a consequence, specific areas of risk were generated which lead to the adoption of precautionary measures to ensure safety. This paper presents the preliminary analysis, diagnostics and monitoring carried out on this group of heterogeneous old buildings, as well as the results and precautionary measures taken to ensure their safety. The paper also provides a translatable methodology that combines qualitative and quantitative aspects.
CitationDiaz, C. [et al.]. Preventive intervention in a group of building located in the histotic centre of Manresa (Barcelona). "International journal of architectural heritage", 10 Novembre 2014.
- REARQ - Rehabilitació i Restauració Arquitectònica - Articles de revista 
- GIES - Geofísica i Enginyeria Sísmica - Articles de revista 
- Departament de Construccions Arquitectòniques I (fins octubre 2015) - Articles de revista 
- Departament d'Enginyeria del Terreny, Cartogràfica i Geofísica (fins octubre 2015) - Articles de revista 
- Departament d'Enginyeria de la Construcció (fins octubre 2015) - Articles de revista