Energy and environment: management, technology and conflicts in a warming world.
PublisherUniversitat Oberta de Catalunya
Rights accessRestricted access - publisher's policy
Once considered a marginal or even irrelevant issue, in recent years, the environment has come to occupy an increasingly important place on the political, social and economic agenda. Environmental conflicts are often due to conflicting political and economic interests and can have major social repercussions. Until recently, little economic value was attached to drinking water; the same was true of arable land, energy generation and most natural resources. Pollution was regarded as a minor problem. Today, the economic and social value and costs of the environment are seen as incalculable and growing. Soil, food, water and air pollution have led to a significant increase in disease, and the cost of the ensuing environmental clean–up can be exponential. While the solutions are necessarily biological, they can have considerable economic consequences, too
CitationBarajas-López, M.G. [et al.]. "Energy and environment: management, technology and conflicts in a warming world.". Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, 2013. ISBN 978-84-9029-245-7.
- GREA - Grup de Recerca d'Enginyeria Agroambiental - Llibres 
- SUMMLab - Laboratori de Mesura i Modelització de la Sostenibilitat - Llibres 
- Departament d'Enginyeria Química - Llibres 
- Departament d'Enginyeria Agroalimentària i Biotecnologia - Llibres 
- Departament d'Enginyeria Elèctrica - Llibres 
- Departament d'Òptica i Optometria - Llibres