Students' viewpoint on engineering subjects taugh in English
Document typeConference report
Rights accessOpen Access
The European Educational Institutions have the challenge and the commitment to enhance multilingual competence and teaching curricular subjects in a foreign language is seen as one of the most promising alternatives. In that context, professors teaching different engineering subjects at the School of Engineering of the UPC at Manresa (EPSEM) have been involved in projects aiming at analyzing the current linguistic situation and developing some on-line open access materials using CLIL as a strategy. They formed the u-Linguatech Research Group on Multilingual Communication in Science and Technology in order to provide such resources in an effective and efficient way. In this paper, we focus on students’ perception of the improvement of their multilingual competence throughout their Engineering degree, by means of subjects taught in English by non-native speakers. Data about the English level of current students are taken into account. We also describe the use of the above resources to improve the quality of subjects learning related to Chemical Engineering curricula.
CitationHeras, F. [et al.]. Students' viewpoint on engineering subjects taugh in English. A: Higher Education Perspectives on CLIL. "Higher Education perspectives on CLIL". Vic: 2014, p. 121-130.
- TN - Teoria de Nombres - Ponències/Comunicacions de congressos 
- TRAGASOL - Grup de Tractament Biològic de Contaminants Gasosos i Olors - Ponències/Comunicacions de congressos 
- Departament d'Enginyeria Minera i Recursos Naturals (fins octubre 2015) - Ponències/Comunicacions de congressos 
- Departament d'Organització d'Empreses - Ponències/Comunicacions de congressos 
- Departament de Matemàtiques - Ponències/Comunicacions de congressos